Bird in the Hand
written and directed by Jorge Ignacio Cortiñas
- August 29th 2012 – September 23rd 2012
- Theater for the New City
NYT Critics Pick. Mr. Cortiñas’s subtropical bildungsroman is perceptive and original, no small feat for this ancient and angsty genre.
—The New York Times
A sad, funny comedy. Three actors playing flamingos flap around the stage in lovely flamboyance and four others act out tiny scenes about painful and memorable events … A delightful piece. The dialogue is fresh and the performances first-rate.
—The New Yorker
A smart, distinctive show … bubbles with wit and unforced emotions while still infused with imaginative theatricality.
A very entertaining evening.
- Associate Director: Melissa Crespo
- Choreography: Katie Workum
- Set Design: Jiyoun Chang
- Lighting Design: Kate Ashton
- Sound Design: Matt Stone
- Costume Design: Mark Nagle
- Art Work: Danny Coeyman
- Graphic Design: Alejandro Morales
- Stage manager: Natalie Qing Zhang
- Crystal Finn
- Susannah Flood
- Robert Grimm
- Theo Koppel
- Alicia Ohs
- Alejandro Rodriguez
- Debargo Sanyal
- Press Representative: Sam Rudy Media Relations
- Producer: Ann Marie Dorr
- Associate Producer: Bess Rowen
- Marketing: Katie Kozlowski
- Assistant Lighting Designer: Jessica Black
- Production Assistants: Leonie Bell, Hee-Won Kim & Lisa Lamonthe